29th April 2020
Home learning for 29th April
Good morning Kingfishers.
Here is our suggested timetable for today’s activities.
9am- Physical Education
9:30am- Quick break/ drink
9:45am- Maths- White Rose lesson and Mathletics activities
11:00am- English Activities – Writing and reading
1.00pm- Foundation subject: French and Music
2:00pm- TT Rockstars – complete the sessions set today
3.00pm – Story time with David Walliams
Daily learning Activities for 29th April 2020
1. PE with Joe Wicks –complete today’s workout. It is live from 9am or available to replay later in the day!
2. Maths task 1 - White Rose Maths - https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/
How to access White Rose as activity:
* Please go to https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/year-3/
* Please click on Week 2 (Not Summer - Week 2)
You will see Lesson 3 – Fractions of a set of objects (2). This is today’s lesson.
* First, watch the video – you will need to have your sound turned on!
* Just watching the video is great! However, if you are ready please click on Get the Activity. This will download a worksheet to complete. You can either print this to complete or you can just discuss with an adult.
* Finally, click on Get the Answers to check how you did!
3. Maths task 2 - Mathletics – https://login.mathletics.com/
I have set some new activities for you to complete on addition and subtraction.
Once this has been completed spend 15 minutes playing in live mathletics (you can access this by pressing the green button on the home screen)
4. Maths task 3 - TT Rockstars - https://play.ttrockstars.com/
Complete the sessions set for you. This is now set to 20 sessions a day. Can you beat your top score?
5. English task 1 - Spellings – https://spellingframe.co.uk/
This week's spellings are now live. Try some of the games on the website to help you learn your spellings and then take a test. How many did you score? I will be giving out virtual credits for those super spellers and Rockstars too.
6. English Task 2- I have seen some great fact files and some of you have put your facts into order already which is fantastic. Today I would like you to write the last 3 paragraphs of your fact file making sure you have 5 facts per heading. Also I would like you to use some of the conjunctions from yesterday's English task 3 to join your sentences. For example, The panda can poo up to 12 times a day when it has eaten between 12-38kg of bamboo. That is my favourite fact can you tell?
So by the end of today you should have a fact file with 3 or 6 headings.
7. English Task 3- Today I would like you to have a go at these questions using your book called Big Cats or Who's sleeping in my porridge?
Look at pages 8 and 9 of your Cats book
- Find 2 things that their muscular bodies help them do.
- What is the fastest speed cheetahs can run?
- What do the cheetahs do?
- Which 2 cats have stocky builds and legs longer than other cats?
- Which big cat likes to climb trees?
- What part of the leopard does it use to keep its balance?
Look at page 12 and 13, poem A giant gorilla once came up to me.
- Find a word that means big
- Where did the man leap to?
- Find another word that means ‘shocked’
- What did the gorilla do when he saw the man? (see verse 4)
- What does every word at the end of the second and fourth line in each verse do?
8. French - This is a continuation from last week, to share any work with Madam Markham please email email@example.com (this work is available at the bottom of the page).
9. Music - This is available at the bottom of the page
9. Story time with David Walliams. Visit https://www.worldofdavidwalliams.com/elevenses/