28th April 2020
Home learning for 28th April
Here is our suggested timetable for today’s activities.
9am- Physical Education
9:30am- Quick break/ drink
9:45am- Maths- White Rose lesson and Mathletics activities
11:00am- English Activities – Writing and reading
1.00pm- Foundation subject: PSHE
2:00pm- TT Rockstars – complete the sessions set today
3.00pm – Story time with David Walliams
Daily learning Activities for 28th April 2020
1. PE with Joe Wicks –complete today’s workout. It is live from 9am or available to replay later in the day!
2. Maths task 1 - White Rose Maths
How to access White Rose as activity:
* Please go to https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/year-3/
* Please click on Week 2 (Not Summer - Week 2)
You will see Lesson 2 – Fractions of a set of objects (1). This is today’s lesson.
* First, watch the video – you will need to have your sound turned on!
* Just watching the video is great! However, if you are ready please click on Get the Activity. This will download a worksheet to complete. You can either print this to complete or you can just discuss with an adult.
* Finally, click on Get the Answers to check how you did!
3. Maths task 2 - Mathletics – https://login.mathletics.com/
I have set some new activities for you to complete on addition and subtraction.
Once this has been completed spend 15 minutes playing in live mathletics (you can access this by pressing the green button on the home screen)
4. Maths task 3 - TT Rockstars - https://play.ttrockstars.com/
Complete the sessions set for you. This is now set to 20 sessions a day. Can you beat your score from yesterday?
5. English task 1 - Spellings – https://spellingframe.co.uk/
This week's spellings are now live. Try some of the games on the website to help you learn your spellings and then take a test. How many did you score? I will be giving out virtual credits for those super spellers and Rockstars too.
English Task 2- I can see that you have collected some great facts about your panda or tiger and learnt tons of new things. I learnt that panda’s poo 12 times a day who knew??!! So now that you have collected your facts using the headings I suggested it is time to put it into some sort of order and start creating your fact file. I have included a template (if you want it) at the bottom of the page to help you set it out. You can set it out using a blank piece of paper also. I have also included an example of a fact file about a lion so you can see where you need to put the headings.
Today I would like you to write your ideas in sentences under 3 of the headings only (we will be finishing our fact file throughout this week). When you have finished, read it through and make sure it makes sense.
English Task 3- Can you spot the conjunctions? Remember conjunctions are used in our sentences to make them more interesting to the reader. There are many conjunctions than ‘and’. Print the sheet out and have a go at underlining them with your favourite colour. You could also make the sentences better by using a conjunction and another sentence.
Challenge: Can you create your own sentences about your panda or tiger with a conjunction in each sentence?
8. PSHE- Can you create a game where you have to catch something like a ball, jump 2 times and step onto something that is placed on the floor like a place mat or an item of clothing. What might your game be called? Create 3 rules on how to play your game too.
9. Story time with David Walliams. Visit https://www.worldofdavidwalliams.com/elevenses/