27th April 2020
Home learning for 27th April
Good morning Kingfishers!
Here is our suggested timetable for today’s activities.
9am- Physical Education
9:30am- Quick break/ drink
9:45am- Maths- White Rose lesson and Mathletics activities
11:00am- English Activities – Writing and reading
1.00pm- Foundation subject: PSHE
2:00pm- TT Rockstars – complete the sessions set today
3.00pm – Story time with David Walliams
Daily learning Activities for 27th April 2020
1. PE with Joe Wicks –complete today’s workout. It is live from 9am or available to replay later in the day!
2. Maths task 1 - White Rose Maths
How to access White Rose as activity:
* Please go to https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/year-3/
* Please click on Week 2 (Not Summer - Week 2)
You will see Lesson 1 – Fractions on a number line. This is today’s lesson.
* First, watch the video – you will need to have your sound turned on!
* Just watching the video is great! However, if you are ready please click on Get the Activity. This will download a worksheet to complete. You can either print this to complete or you can just discuss with an adult.
* Finally, click on Get the Answers to check how you did!
3. Maths task 2 - Mathletics – https://login.mathletics.com/
I have set some new activities for you to complete on fractions.
Once this has been completed spend 15 minutes playing in live mathletics (you can access this by pressing the green button on the home screen)
4. Maths task 3 - TT Rockstars - https://play.ttrockstars.com/
Complete the sessions set for you. This is now set to 20 sessions a day. How many can you complete today?
5. English task 1 - Spellings – https://spellingframe.co.uk/
This week's spellings are now live. Try some of the games on the website to help you learn your spellings and then take a test. How many did you score? I will be giving out virtual credits for those super spellers and Rockstars too.
6. English Task 2- Today I would like you to choose between these 2 animals to write a fact file (a piece of text that tells you about different things like appearance, food and habitat), choose a panda or a tiger. you may know information already about these animals-that's great. So I would like you to research about a panda or a tiger. Here are a few links to Edinburgh Zoo animal cams where you can watch your animal to help you:
Or you may like to use Google or even your book Cats that we gave you.
Use these headings to help you gather your information
- Name of animal
- Did you know? Extra facts you may find out.
Choose 3 headings to research
Use the 6 headings mentioned above.
I can't wait to see these fact files so I can post them on our class page for all to see.
7. English Task 3- Today you are going to be finding the prepositions (where things are and their position) the boy was sitting on the table. (The pdf file for this activity is at the bottom of this page) There are 3 activities for you to choose from: 1 star (easiest) 2 star (a little harder) and 3 star (hardest). Print these out or write the prepositions on a piece of paper.
Challenge: Write some sentences of your own using the prepositions found today.
8. PSHE- Putting on our thinking caps we are going to make a happiness potion, it’s a very special magic but it will only work for you! This potion requires 5 ingredients, they can be anything you like as long as they make you happy.
You can show these ingredients by writing a list or if you’re feeling creative then you could draw a picture – I would like you to tell me why these ingredients make you happy!
9. Story time with David Walliams. Visit https://www.worldofdavidwalliams.com/elevenses/