21st May 2020
Here is our suggested timetable for today’s activities.
9am- Physical Education
9:30am- Quick break/ drink
9:45am- Maths- White Rose lesson and Mathletics activities
11:00am- English Activities – Writing and SPaG
1.00pm- Foundation subject: Science/DT
2:00pm- TT Rockstars – complete the sessions set today
3.00pm – Story time with David Walliams
Daily learning Activities for 21st May 2020
1. PE with Joe Wicks –complete today’s workout. It is live from 9am or available to replay later in the day!
2. Maths task 1 - White Rose Maths
How to access White Rose as activity:
* Please go to https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/year-3/
* Please click on Summer term – Week 3 (w/c 4th May)
You will see Lesson 4-Multiply and divide by 3. This is today’s lesson.
* First, watch the video – you will need to have your sound turned on!
* Just watching the video is great! However, if you are ready please click on Get the Activity. This will download a worksheet to complete. You can either print this to complete or you can just discuss with an adult.
* Finally, click on Get the Answers to check how you did!
3. Maths task 2 - Mathletics – https://login.mathletics.com/
I have set some new activities for you to complete on problem solving.
Once this has been completed spend 15 minutes playing in live mathletics (you can access this by pressing the green button on the home screen)
4. Maths task 3 - TT Rockstars - https://play.ttrockstars.com/
Complete the sessions set for you. This is now set to 20 sessions a day. Can you beat your best score?
5. English task 1 - Spellings – https://spellingframe.co.uk/
This week's spellings are now live. Try some of the games on the website to help you learn your spellings and then take a test. How many did you score? I will be giving out virtual credits for those super spellers and Rockstars too.
6. English Task 2- So by now you will have an idea as to what has happened in the first and second chapter of The Hodgeheg if you havent listened or read chapter 2 then do so today at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htPjCiZxoZ4 (Chapter 2 starts from 5m 33secs).
Listen to chapter 3 too, make notes on the story if you need to.
Today you are going to put the events of the story so far into a planner so you can see what has happened so far. I have put the planner at the bottom of the page (Hodgeheg planner).
Using notes (not full sentences) write down what has happened so far, journey/quest means what is Max trying to do and where is he going. You do not need to fill all the journey/quest boxes because we do not know all the story just Chapters 1,2 and 3 please.
Include any adverbs you found from your adverbial task from Monday.
7. English Task 3- Can you add adverbs (ly words) and fronted adverbials (words that tell you where, when or how something is happening) to the start of these sentences? You can add these to your Hodgeheg planner. Ta dah!! (Bottom of page called adding adverbs and fronted adverbials).
8. Science/DT- Ever seen mice fly?? Make this and you will! (Bottom of page Learning activities Rocket Mice)
9. Storytime- Listen to David Walliams read https://www.worldofdavidwalliams.com/elevenses/