20th May 2020
Home learning for 20th May
Good morning Kingfishers.
Here is our suggested timetable for today’s activities.
9am- Physical Education
9:30am- Quick break/ drink
9:45am- Maths- White Rose lesson and Mathletics activities
11:00am- English Activities – Writing and SPaG
1.00pm- Foundation subject: French and Music
2:00pm- TT Rockstars – complete the sessions set today
3.00pm – Story time with David Walliams
Daily learning Activities for 20th May 2020
1. PE with Joe Wicks –complete today’s workout. It is live from 9am or available to replay later in the day!
2. Maths task 1 - White Rose Maths
How to access White Rose as activity:
* Please go to https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/year-3/
* Please click on Summer term – Week 3 (w/c 4th May)
You will see Lesson 3 – Subtract money. This is today’s lesson.
* First, watch the video – you will need to have your sound turned on!
* Just watching the video is great! However, if you are ready please click on Get the Activity. This will download a worksheet to complete. You can either print this to complete or you can just discuss with an adult.
* Finally, click on Get the Answers to check how you did!
3. Maths task 2 - Mathletics – https://login.mathletics.com/
I have set some new activities for you to complete on problem solving.
Once this has been completed spend 15 minutes playing in live mathletics (you can access this by pressing the green button on the home screen)
4. Maths task 3 - TT Rockstars - https://play.ttrockstars.com/
Complete the sessions set for you. This is now set to 20 sessions a day. Can you beat your best score?
5. English task 1 - Spellings – https://spellingframe.co.uk/
This week's spellings are now live. Try some of the games on the website to help you learn your spellings and then take a test. How many did you score? I will be giving out virtual credits for those super spellers and Rockstars too.
6. English Task 2- So by now you will have an idea as to what has happened in the first chapter of The Hodgeheg and you will have looked at an extract of the book where Ma, Pa and Max are talking to each other. You should have spotted the inverted commas, any punctuation and new speaker new line.
Today I would like you to re read the conversation again (in the extract) between the 3 hedgehogs and carry on the conversation. Remembering the rules above and from yesterday.
You might like to have a conversation between all 3 characters or 2 talking and then one comes in at the end. For example, Max listened carefully. Then he said "Do humans cross the road?"
Pa looked at Ma and Ma looked at Pa, "Um, they do sometimes".
"How do they cross the roads? Do they get squidged too?" Max asked curiously.
When you have written 6 more lines of conversation you can listen to Chapter 2 of the book visit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htPjCiZxoZ4 (Chapter 2 starts from 5m 33secs).
7. English Task 3- Please read King Midas and the Donkey Ears (bottom of page as pdf) there are some questions for you to answer.
8. French and Music – See the PDF attached at the bottom of the page for the instructions
9. Storytime- Listen to David Walliams read https://www.worldofdavidwalliams.com/elevenses/