13th May 2020
Home learning for 13th May
Good morning Kingfishers.
Here is our suggested timetable for today’s activities.
9am- Physical Education
9:30am- Quick break/ drink
9:45am- Maths- White Rose lesson and Mathletics activities
11:00am- English Activities – Writing and SPaG
1.00pm- Foundation subject: French and Music
2:00pm- TT Rockstars – complete the sessions set today
3.00pm – Story time with David Walliams
Daily learning Activities for 13th May 2020
1. PE with Joe Wicks –complete today’s workout. It is live from 9am or available to replay later in the day!
2. Maths task 1 - White Rose Maths
How to access White Rose as activity:
* Please go to https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/year-3/
* Please click on Summer term – Week 2
You will see Lesson 3 – Solving problems. This is today’s lesson.
* First, watch the video – you will need to have your sound turned on!
* Just watching the video is great! However, if you are ready please click on Get the Activity. This will download a worksheet to complete. You can either print this to complete or you can just discuss with an adult.
* Finally, click on Get the Answers to check how you did!
3. Maths task 2 - Mathletics – https://login.mathletics.com/
I have set some new activities for you to complete on multiplication and division.
Once this has been completed spend 15 minutes playing in live mathletics (you can access this by pressing the green button on the home screen)
4. Maths task 3 - TT Rockstars - https://play.ttrockstars.com/
Complete the sessions set for you. This is now set to 20 sessions a day. How many could you complete today?
5. English task 1 - Spellings – https://spellingframe.co.uk/
This week's spellings are now live. Try some of the games on the website to help you learn your spellings and then take a test. How many did you score? I will be giving out virtual credits for those super spellers and Rockstars too.
6. English Task 2- So by now you will have a poem in the shape of your animal, I bet they look fantastic and how tricky were they?
So today I would like you to have a go at writing a poem about your animal or another animal if you like. I would like you to use rhyme so that means words that sound the same e.g 'mat' and 'cat, or 'sound' and 'round'. Some poems have the last word of the 2nd sentence rhyme and the last word of the 4th sentence rhyme.
I would like a 2-3 verse poem (verse is a group of 4 sentences) about an animal please-GO!!
I have included some examples at the bottom of this page (rhyming animal poems).
7. English Task 3- I would like you to answer the questions about 'The Tyger' poem by William Blake. I ahve given you the answers so you can check them after. It is at the bottom of the page (Tyger poem qs and Tyger poem read comp 1)
8. French and Music– The pdf for both French and Music are attached at the bottom of the page.
9. Storytime- Listen to David Walliams read https://www.worldofdavidwalliams.com/elevenses/