11th May 2020
Home learning for 11th May
Good morning Woodpeckers.
Here is our suggested timetable for today’s activities.
9am- Physical Education
9:30am- Quick break/ drink
9:45am- Maths- White Rose lesson and Mathletics activities
11:00am- English Activities – Writing and editing
1.00pm- Foundation subject: Art
2:00pm- TT Rockstars – complete the sessions set today
3.00pm – Story time with David Walliams
Daily learning Activities for 11th May 2020
1. PE with Joe Wicks –complete today’s workout. It is live from 9am or available to replay later in the day!
2. Maths task 1 - White Rose Maths
How to access White Rose as activity:
* Please go to https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/year-3/
* Please click on Summer term – Week 2
You will see Lesson 1 – Add fractions. This is today’s lesson.
* First, watch the video – you will need to have your sound turned on!
* Just watching the video is great! However, if you are ready please click on Get the Activity. This will download a worksheet to complete. You can either print this to complete or you can just discuss with an adult.
* Finally, click on Get the Answers to check how you did!
3. Maths task 2 - Mathletics – https://login.mathletics.com/
I have set some new activities for you to complete on multiplication and division.
Once this has been completed spend 15 minutes playing in live mathletics (you can access this by pressing the green button on the home screen)
4. Maths task 3 - TT Rockstars - https://play.ttrockstars.com/
Complete the sessions set for you. This is now set to 20 sessions a day. How many could you complete today?
5. English task 1 - Spellings – https://spellingframe.co.uk/
This week's spellings are now live. Try some of the games on the website to help you learn your spellings and then take a test. How many did you score? I will be giving out virtual credits for those super spellers and Rockstars too.
6. English Task 2-This week we will be looking at different types of poems and having a go at creating some of your own. But first you need to choose an animal that you would like write a poem about, you could always use the same animal from your fact file as you have collected lots of information about it already
Your poem needs to be at least 8 lines long-have a look at the examples I have put at the bottom of the page (animal poems). You could describe what your animal looks like, its diet, habits ie hunts at night and family. You might decide to make the last words of some of your sentences rhyme with other words in other sentences. You might like to use verbs to describe your animal-look at the snakes poem page 6 or you might like to write a silly poem like the Bear in there poem on page 11. Ready steady go!
7. English Task 3- Oh no! Batman needs to write this report to give to the police but he can't remember what he needs to do. Can you help Batman to put in capital letters and full stops to his report so he can send it to his friends in the police? (Bit easier Batman correcting writing or bit trickier Batman sentences at bottom of page)
8. Art- Heard of Pop Art? Have a look at the powerpoint at the bottom of the page. I would like you to choose 1 famous person and 1 thing you like eating, mine would be Albert Einstein (because I like his crazy hair) and my food would be a fish. Now using different colours of pencils or paper can you re create your own Pop Art?
9. Storytime- Listen to David Walliams read https://www.worldofdavidwalliams.com/elevenses/