Mr Long's Maths
WHOLE SCHOOL REMINDER: Please can you drop any school books in to the school office ASAP. Many were sent home with home learning packs, but we are still missing lots of important school resources. Thank you :)
W/c 13th July 2020
I am so excited about seeing you all this Friday!
Before this Friday, you'll be glad to know I've set you some more maths! No slacking now! You are doing so well with the Y7 White Rose maths. This week topic is factors and the links to the videos and worksheets are below.
You'll also find a couple of fun Murder Mysteries to solve at the bottom of the page (there will be some print outs outside the main office from Monday morning). You have also been set daily challenges to complete in Mathletics and there is a new times tables competition to get involved in.
Below are the final rankings for the The LMPS Times Tables competition. In terms of total points scored, the winning class was Nightingale. However, if we judge the winner by the average points scored per per player then Kestrel won. Which one do you think is the fairer method?
Here are the top 1o players. It was a mighty battle between the Cobb brothers for the top 2 spots!
As always, please send me any work you wish to share. The address is firstname.lastname@example.org
1. White Rose (Week 12 w/c 13th July)
There are 4 White Rose lessons to complete this week. Please complete one lesson a day as follows:
Monday – Lesson 1 Common factors and the HCF
1. Watch the video here: https://vimeo.com/436513033
2. Download ‘Lesson 1’ worksheet. You can either print out and complete or complete on a piece of paper from the screen.
3. Download ‘Lesson 1 answers’ to check how you did
Tuesday - Lesson 2 Find the LCM
1. Watch the video here - https://vimeo.com/436513264
2. Download ‘Lesson 2’ worksheet. You can either print out and complete or complete on a piece of paper from the screen.
3. Download ‘Lesson 2 answers’ to check how you did
Wednesday – Lesson 3 Write a number as a product of its prime factors
1. Watch the video here - https://vimeo.com/436513414
2. Download ‘Lesson 3’ worksheet. You can either print out and complete or complete on a piece of paper from the screen.
3. Download ‘Lesson 3 answers’ to check how you did
Thursday – Lesson 4 Use a Venn diagram to calculate HCF and LCF
1. Watch the video here https://vimeo.com/436513630
2. Download ‘Lesson 4’ worksheet. You can either print out and complete or complete on a piece of paper from the screen.
3. Download ‘Lesson 4 answers’ to check how you did
2. MURDER MYSTERY!
At the bottom of the page you will find a couple of fun Maths Murder Mysteries to solve. Can you solve each clue to rule out suspects and find the murderer? I know that some of you are struggling to print off lots of pages at home. I printed several copies of these last week and I will leave them in a cardboard box outside the main office from this Monday. Please come and help yourself.
This week we are continuing with our revision. Every day you will find 2 or 3 new activities set in Mathletics. Please complete as many as you can.
4. TT Rockstars - Top of the Pops Competition
A new competition begins today! The LMPS Summer Rocks competition starts today and ends on 30th August at 5pm. All classes from Year 2 - Year 6 have been entered. Which class will win? . How many points will you contribute to your class?
Log-in to TT RockStars (https://play.ttrockstars.com/auth/school/student) and complete as many sessions as you can. Good luck!
5. Play time
If you have finished all the work above, head back to Mathletics and see how many points you can rack up in Mathletics live.